Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Lighter Side of Things

(dress- courtesy of ModCloth, octopus ring- courtesy of Modcloth, copper ring-courtesy of Dannijo, sweater, belt & tights-h&m, shoes-Aldo, key necklace- vintage/ gift from a dear friend)
Today I am finally feeling human again. Thus, I was able to take pictures for an outfit post.
I left work at the most opportune time and was able to capture the soft setting sun to compliment the light color palette and airy feel of this look.
I take most of my pictures in a street-style manner because I want to showcase the looks in their real environment, the streets of San Francisco. On weekdays I don't have a lot of time to take pictures and usually have to coordinate picture taking with my work schedule and Sam's schedule. On such days the composition of the pictures must be sacrificed for the greater good, i.e. capturing the fading sunlight, rumbling tummies etc. Even on the weekends, instead of going somewhere to shoot an outfit, I put something together and set about adventuring through the city to capture the outfit in action. Nothing is planned, everything is organic and slightly effortless.
This is me, my life and my style, all in the midst of a chaotically cramped city.
I hope you're all enjoying the ride.


Hop on over to The Cut and check out their mini feature of yours truly.