Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Art & LeftOvers

(dress, jacket, sunglasses & necklace-h&m, key necklace-vintage/gift, ring-Crossroads, bag- courtesy of Storets, shoes- courtesy of Modcloth)
Today I woke up feeling a little under the weather, but thankfully I had a day off this week so I decided to take it today and worked from home.
Later on Sam and I decided to run a few errands and it was marvelous having my maxi dress around. It only takes a few seconds of browsing the bloggersphere and Chictopia to realize how trendy maxi dresses are. I saw at least 3 on the first page of the Chictopia style gallery alone. This trendyness does not make them any less comfortable and honestly this is one trend I'm all over right now. I was able to get dressed in 5 minutes and with no coffee, a feat even Sam was impressed by.
As we ran our errands we stopped at our favorite local haunts.
My poison was LeftOvers, the best consignment furniture store over on Polk, where I immediatly found the chez lounge of my dreams that was way out of our budget. Sam stopped into Blick, one of his favorite art supply stores, to pick up some paints.
While walking home we noticed a sign for $1 nigiri sushi and decided this was a meal we could not pass up.
Now to keep myself from getting sick this week, lots of vitamin C and tea.
Have you guys noticed I spend like 75% of my life sick? Haha, I have the worst immune system ever :(

Tips for Styling Maxi Dresses

1. Find one that is the right length, longer is better than shorter.
2. Pair with summer heels and socks.
3. Keep the silhouettes simple and streamlined.
4. Pair with short or cropped jackets.
5. Cinch at the waist to create a flattering shape.
6. Don't over accessorize a patterned or colorful maxi, it's already a whole lot of look.
6. Pair with some oversized chandelier earrings for a nighttime look.


I changed the titles of posts to a fancy font, does it show up for you?