Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Simple Shades

(dress-Riller & Foust via Tobi.com, lace trim dress worn underneath-Boy Meets Girl, stockings-h&m, shoes-JC courtesy of NeedSupply, opal ring & sweater- Modcloth, studded ring & rhinestone ring-Nastygal, pearl ring & black ring-vintage, scarf-AA, belt-bf's)
Today Sam and I went out on a lunch date, strolled the Yerba Beuna Gardens and played arcade games at the Metreon. It was a chilly, but beautiful day. It was a weekday outing in celebration of my new job as a Junior Copywriter at Tobi.com. I am really excited to have a new job, but I will also continue modeling for Tobi and interning at Chictopia.
I blogged about the shoes I am wearing today a few weeks ago, and the folks over at NeedSupply were kind enough to send me a pair. They are my new favorites and are just as comfortable as the 99 zips.

If you have a moment please pop over to Modcloth and NeedSupply to check out my features!
And check out my adorable namesake dress at Modcloth, it's really thrilling to have such a beautiful dress made in honor of my blog!

Spring Styling Tips
*Experiment with socks. Scrunch them down, double them up, or wear them over the knees.
Perfect paired with wooden platforms.
*Go for floral patterns, even dark florals feel fresh for springtime.
*Pull out the pastels and get crazy, but mix them with neutrals to avoid looking
like an Easter egg.
*Light wash denim is an easy way to lighten up for spring.
* Swap grey for black.
*Try out pearls for a ladylike touch.
* Cat eye and round sunglasses are a must have for the season.
*Instead of denim cutoffs go for high-waisted leather shorts.
*Mix and match your prints. The trick here is to pick only one dominant pattern
and keep the colors complimentary.