Sunday, March 21, 2010

Far Away is Where My Heart Blooms

(brocade shorts-h&m, tee-TbyAWang, blazer-vintage, shoes-Jeffrey Campbell, rings-F21,Crossroads, bracelet-vintage)
This past Wednesday I took some time off to visit my family in LA. My mom has been having some health issues and I wanted to be there for her. Aside from this rather somber occasion, I came to see my little sister, Annette. Time could not be better spent than in the presence of my family. I wish they lived closer so I could see them more often.
I truly savored the beautiful, warm weather and took full advantage of it by prancing around in shorts and dresses, without the need to layer tights, stocking and warm jackets.

Many of you have been asking me about the origins of my last name and my heritage.
I am Russian. I was born in Cuba where my parents and I lived until I was 2. My dad was a translator and was stationed in Havana. After Cuba we moved back to Moscow, Russia, where I lived until I was 9. We moved to the states 14 years ago.