Monday, February 8, 2010

FAQ part 2

(via fashiongonerogue)
Didn't get up early enough for an outfit post but here is my second part of the FAQ post.

1. Height/Weight: I am 5.9 and would like to not disclose my weight as it's kind of a personal matter. I can honestly say that I do not exercise, although I know I should. I eat lots of sweets and sugar. I think my main trick for maintaining a healthy weight is cooking at home. I cook dinner almost every night and always have lots of vegetables and good proteins in my diet.

2. Favorite food: Any type of Asian cuisine especially Korean, also French cuisine ( I love me some snails) and Indian. I am a huge foodie and will try anything once and trust me I have tried a lot of "weird" stuff.

3. Me 10 years from now: Ideally I would love to have a job as a personal stylist or manage world wide window displays for a huge fashion company. I would love to be living in NYC and hopefully would still be with my bf, who in ten years will have a flourishing career as an artist.
4. A place I would love to visit: Aside from all of Europe, I would love to visit Japan. I have a fascination with their food, architecture, and fashion.

5. A recent fashion trend I don't like: overalls...I've been noticing them in floral patterns and leather all over the place. I am sorry, but under no circumstances are overalls tolerable to me. Also anything covered in rhinestones = a big no.

6. Favorite vintage store in SF: Painted Bird, Wasteland, Thrifttown.

7. Trends and my wardrobe: I usually buy what I like. If it happens to be trendy so be it, if it's the epitome of ugly to everyone else I'll still buy it. One rule of thumb for me is to never have too many trends going on at once.

8. Texture, color or shape: When putting together a look I usually pay the most attention to shapes. I tend to like a long, lean silhouette.

9. Timeless Accessories: I have an obsession with cocktail rings and watches. I find both to be completely timeless, at least for my own style.

10. How I afford my wardrobe: I live on a very tight budget, most of the items I own come from low price point brands like H&M, F21, American Apparel, Zara and of course tons of vintage. I am very good at finding deals and sales. I am always on the look out for not only stylish pieces, but the right price as well. Most of the designer pieces I own were either gifted or bought second hand.
My style philosophy is "Do the best with what you have".
I don't believe that you need a ton of money to be well dressed. All you need is a little creativity and resourcefulness.

My tattoos: I have two birds, a Fleur-De- Lis, a butterfly, the word serenity, a star and the Chinese symbol for hope. The last four I got when I was 16-17 so they're a little lame, but I honestly don't care. They each represent I specific time in my life and still hold a lot of meaning.