Thursday, February 4, 2010

FAQ part 1

(via fashiongonerogue)

So here is the first part to my FAQ.

1. My hair cut/color: I don't get my hair done often b/c it's expensive, when I do get it done I usually try to find a cool friend or someone with reasonable prices to do it. Ever since my old hairdresser/friend died I have had a hard time finding someone to replace him (this may change on Tuesday with my new stylist). My hair is naturally straight. The only thing I do to style it is blow dry the roots and vigorously scrunch the rest of it to achieve body and messiness.

2. My bangs: My bangs are cut by my boyfriend with a pair of kitchen scissors...yup...nothing glamorous here.

3. Favorite junk food: Anything with copious amounts of sugar, wasabi and shrimp flavored french fry chips, and kettle chips.

4. Education: I have a bachelors in psychology. I used to think I wanted to go on and get my PhD, but now I am not really sure that's the lifestyle I want.

5. Modeling: I have not modeled for any other place besides Nastygal and Tobi. In both cases I met people within the company who asked me to model for them. I have been approached by agencies, but modeling is not what I want to do so I rather focus my energy elsewhere.

6. What I do: Currently I model, blog and intern at Chictopia ( I just finished an internship with Nastygal). I am also looking for a job...styling, buying or merchandising would be great.

7. Why I blog: I started this blog while I was in my last year at UCSC. It was just a little hobby to take my mind off my studies and to have an outlet for my creativity.

8. Me and the fashion industry: I have always loved fashion and psychology, but when it came time to pick schools and a major, I knew that fashion would never fly in my family. I chose to study psychology and I am very happy with my choice. Psychology is extremely near and dear to my heart and what I learned in school is invaluable. Once I graduated I decided to give myself 2 years to break into fashion b/c I knew if I didn't try I would regret it. I love the fantasy and whimsy that is fashion, and I am determined to give it a go.

9. My boyfriend: We have been together for 3 years. We met on Valentines day three years ago at a bar in Santa Cruz. He was supposed to be a one night stand, but as you can see that didn't really work out. By the way, I was totally the one who initiated it and definitely was the one trying to take him home.

10. My Style: My style is not really having one. To me fashion is all about possibilities, fantasy, whimsy, and exploration. I wake up everyday and just go with it. I love the idea of never being bound to one look or aesthetic, I love having endless avenues and choices for expressing myself.

Fun Fact: I have 7 tattoos...

I'll have more for you tomorrow.