Saturday, February 20, 2010

Boy Meets Blogger Girl


I am ecstatic to finally reveal my collaboration with Boy Meets Girl.
Boy Meets Girl is a fun, flirty, and edgy brand run by Stacy and her creative team. When I stumbled across her brand I was delighted to find her pieces to be chic, comfortable and affordable, but definitely not without character. Stacy designs pieces that are in essence simple, yet full of charming details. Whether it's a lace trim or a small pin attached to the lapel, with Boy Meets Girl it's all in the details. With her F/W'10 collection she is moving into a new direction complete with faux leather, zipper and grommet details, while remaining true to the overall aesthetic of the brand.
Stacy and I have been in correspondence for a couple of weeks now, trying to decide the best way for us to partner. Because she knew I would be coming to New York, she asked me to drop by her office and style a couple of looks for her F/W lookbook. I was thrilled at the opportunity and humbled when I realized the lead stylist was none other than Ali Lang (stylist for MTV, who has also worked with a variety of celebs).
Although I can't reveal the looks I put together, here are a few shots of us playing around at the showroom.

Update: To my pleasant surprise I was quoted in a WWD article that discussed bloggers and the Chictopia10 Summit. Read the article here.