Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Dirt is Temporary

(skirt and sash-courtesy of American Apparel, top-Zara, blazer-vintage, necklace-F21, sunnies-courtesy of Modcloth)
I love the fresh, classic feel I get from mixing nudes and stripes. When this skirt was delivered to my doorstep this morning I instantly knew I had to wear it. It's light, airy and an essential starting piece for creating a summer outfit. I paired it with this striped top and the Gap wedges to keep the look feeling crisp and breezy. The oversized blazer adds a touch of structure to the outfit without overwhelming the effervescent skirt.
Do you guys notice the scuff mark on the front of one of my shoes? Yeah, totally ate shit on my way home from work today. Serves me right for unabashedly wearing heels in a city of innumerable hills.

Hair tutorial for the braided look from yesterday and milkmaid braids coming soon!