Friday, October 8, 2010

when i get home from being in the jungle

Sam, being the thoughtful man that he is, picked up this adorable little hat for me today. He met me after work and proudly presented it along with a box of gourmet chocolate creations. We snapped a few pics of my new hat, headed to dinner at Cafe de la Presse and ended the evening with foot massages at a little spa in Chinatown.
(pants-Asos, shirt- T by A Wang, blazer-c/o Bird, hat- gift from Sam, shoes- JC for LF)
I've procured a sizable collection of leopard recently. These pants are only the tip of the iceberg.
Since leopard print is a pretty bold pattern, it can be rather tricky to style. When wearing large prints like these pants, I like to keep the rest of the look simple. Anchoring the print with structured pieces in neutral tones keeps the look modern and fresh. I think this long navy blazer and wide brim hat are a good counterpart to the loose pants.

I've been seeing a lot of great leopard looks on Chictopia, check it out for more street style inspiration.