Monday, August 16, 2010

What we are is what we were

(dress-vintage, necklace-vintage, belt-Zara, shoes-Surface to Air, cape- vintage)
Driving down to Santa Cruz was a welcome change of pace this weekend. Sam and I met in Santa Cruz while I was going to college and we have so many wonderful memories from the times we spent there together. It was fun and a bit nostalgic showing Jennie around and introducing her to our old haunts. Because Sam was born and raised in Santa Cruz, we always have places to stay and people to see. It's a pleasant slice of home when we need a break from our "adult" life.
During the trip I found this gem of a dress at one of my favorite vintage stores, All Shook Up. I love the breeziness of it's silk layers and the 70's esque silhouette, but it's the long sleeves that excite me the most. It's the perfect piece for transitional dressing. I can already see myself living in it.