Monday, August 30, 2010

17 weeks



This afternoon I received a few skin care products that I purchased via HauteLook  for babies and kids last week. Being a soon to be "new" Mommy, I have spent countless of hours browsing through the internet for safe and organic products to use on my baby. I came across "Episencial" which I tested on my skin and  completely won my approval. I'm definitely going to buy another set for my sister Ivette to use on my niece. The last thing I want is for harmful ingredients to penetrate the gentle and delicate skin of my baby which is why I love the fact that its free from additives, parabens, and petroleum.  Plus if you like the product yourself, you can use it too. :) I think I'm going to give the protective face balm for cold and dry Winter days a chance. 
Anyway, so last night I entered my 5th lunar month (17 weeks)  and I am already feeling huge. I haven't gained much weight (I'm up to 7 lbs now) and all the weight is in my mid section.  Thank goodness the women in my family are rare to stretch marks (since they are hereditary) and I have not had any issues with that. (Not saying they will never appear). 
I am now to the point were I look pregnant (in some clothes) and it is making the clothes in my closet fit awkward and no longer normal. So a few days ago I went into "a pea in a pod" (the only maternity store I like so far) and found some really cute tops and dresses. I can't wait until I'm at least 6 months to start shopping there. I remember I was so anti-maternity stores before but look who's talking now. LOL.

Also check out this lovely blog I found a while ago that shows how stylish a pregnant woman can look, a very enjoyable blog. Island Chic 

Love,
Dulce Candy and the Baby