Thursday, August 26, 2010

My 23rd Birthday



So 23 years ago at exactly 3:30 PM in Mexico this chunky little big eyed turkey was born.....LOL...
As most of you know, my birthday was last week (Aug 20th) and my childhood friends (Maribel and Selmie) came over to my house to celebrate my birthday with me just like last year.  We had dinner
at the Americana in Glendale (Cheesecake Factory) where I met up with my bestie Sonia, Kris and her lovely son Jude. I was so happy to have my closest freinds with my along with Jesse on this "special" day. I'm not the type of person to make a big deal about my birthday, which is why I have Maribel there to do so.  (We've known each other since the 3rd grade).
Later we went bowling to find out I really sucked at it. Well, not until the end. Jesse (WIC)  knocked them all down 4 times in a row! The host of the bowling even made an announcement through the mic and the whole room was looking at Jesse and waiting for him to strike again, and he did! So he got free drinks :)

The following day my family drove over to have dinner with me at a nice restaurant in Downtown L.A.
We came across "El Cholo", which is a Mexican food restaurant. Even though the place looks quite authentic, the food is not "real" Mexican food, and by that I mean they only sell basics, not even Horchata.  It was great overall, the weather was awesome so sitting outside in the patio was just perfect. 


Love,
Dulce Candy and the Baby