Thursday, April 29, 2010

Funny Face

(pants & sash- courtesy of American Apparel, Pink Floyd tee-vintage, silver tee & necklace-h&m,
shoes-Cynthia Vincent for Target, bag- Marc by Marc Jacobs)
I noticed Sam's Pink Floyd tee yesterday morning and instantly knew it had to be incorporated into an outfit. Since I knew I'd be flying to LA later in the evening, I wanted to keep my outfit comfortable and relaxed. I decided to play around with layering and loosely cinched my waist to add a little shape to the layered tees.
To be fair, the shoes weren't part of the outfit until Nancy, an intern at Chictopia, brought these into the office. She decided they weren't for her, so I swooped them up. I think they add a much needed pop of color and pattern to the look.

Tips for flying in style
*Just because you're on an airplane doesn't mean you have to slack on style.
*Dress for unexpected temperature changes.
*Play around with loose layers.
*Wear pants that have some stretch, but make sure they're not too stretchy.
You don't want to end up with saggy knees and butt.
*Don't wear heels or flip flops. The former is uncomfortable, the latter unsanitary.
Opt for ballet flats or flat oxfords.
*Avoid belts.
*A darker color palette is more forgiving when pesky turbulence causes a spill.
*Your go to look:
Dark jeggings, loose tee, a denim button down, leather jacket and flat oxfords.

Speaking of funny faces, Funny Face is one of my favorite films.