Sunday, April 25, 2010

Elegantly Posed to Death

(shorts-thrifted, shirt-courtesy of thescarletroom, shoes-surface to air via tobi.com, cat bracelet- vintage, bag-courtesy of Storets.com, rings vintage, knuckleduster-Erin Wasson via Tobi.com)
Spent another beautiful SF day wandering around the city. We have been slowly redecorating our studio since we moved in. The task has been a much more difficult feat than we first imagined. Having completely different tastes and a tight budget doesn't help. Sam prefers clean, modern and industrial interiors, whereas I love everything eclectic, tacky, and vintage. Is it gold, gilded and Rococo inspired? Perfect, I'll take it. Is it a deep red, green or navy wing back chair? I have to have it. Needless to say what I like is what we get. Poor Sam has resigned himself to living in my crazy patterned world.
Today we stumbled on some real treasures and spent the evening moving and reorganizing.

P.S. These shorts were bought yesterday (for $2!) and are a work in progress. They are super long and unfortunately don't stay cuffed the way I like. I was hoping to avoid any major alterations but I think they will need a little bit of cutting and hemming.