Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Smokey Lights


(shorts-thrifted, shirt-ZARA, belt-H&M, shoes- UO, socks-drug store, sunglasses-vintage)
Today we drove down to LA and on the way stopped to snap some pictures. The nearby fires in Santa Barbara made the sunlight look stunning (hope the fires are contained and no one is hurt).
For the car ride I slipped on my acid-wash denim shorts and a loose top. I styled this simple duo with a belt and ankle socks. I like how the belt over the untucked shirt gives the outfit a bit of a disheveled feel, kinda how I was feeling this morning.

Since I have been traveling a lot these past few weeks I though I'd share my little tips for efficient summer packing.
* Pack light, airy pieces for easy layering; tanks, breathy dresses, loose shirts.
* Pack belts, silk scarves, and hats to add variety to your looks.
*Pack a key jacket that can be used to go with differnet looks; denim or leather jackets and boyfriend blazers are a great option.
*Pack your favorite shoes.
* Always pack a pair of trusty jeans.

What are your go to pieces for traveling?