Monday, June 15, 2009

Celebrating Life Gone By



I finally graduated!!! Saturday was a sad and yet strangely exciting day. The whole graduation process resembled my college experience and struck me as indicative of my entire nature. The day started with me picking up my first college friend and finding her in a complete state of disarray, naked and taking shots of whiskey. We were already running very late ( and still had to get our caps and gowns) so I quickly persuaded her to get dressed and helped her rework an old dress to her liking in under 20 minutes. Once out the door we navigated through campus traffic, picked up our wrinkly black gowns and scurried off to the ceremony. Arriving fashionably late and not knowing our positions ( because going to grad practice the day before on a hang over was not an option) we ended up last in line in the entire procession. True to form, our tardiness served us well and we sat in the front row and were the first to graduate.
(My first college friend.  The buildings behind us are where we spent most of our freshman year hiding out from the cold and rain and consuming copious amounts of cafeteria food and illegal substances, when we still had a propensity toward trouble.)

In other exciting news I won the chictopia hot hot summer contest and received a $250 gift certificate to spend at Needsupply.com.  I also have a feature coming out soon, more on that later. 
Here is an outfit post too, just because I have been lagging...
(bike shorts- F21, skirt- F21, blouse- vintage, white enamel necklace and bracelet- vintage, shoes- volitile)