Wednesday, February 2, 2011

my favorite time of year

(maxi skirt-Wasteland, dress worn as tank- Wilfred, jacket-c/o Style by Marina, scarf- Urban Outfitters, shoes-c/o Pierre Hardy for Gap, necklace- c/o Moon and Sable)
February is my favorite time of year. Not only did Sam and I meet on Valentines Day, but February also marks the arrival of cherry blossoms. Every morning I watch the trees fill up with more and more delicate flowers, until finally every branch is dripping with blossoms. Just as soon as the trees fill up, they begin to relinquish the sweet little flowers. The discarded blossoms cover the ground in pink polka dots. Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing the trails of shredded petals left to float aimlessly through the air by passing gusts of wind.
Pairing my cherry blossom scarf and mint green jacket seemed like the perfect way to celebrate the arrival of my favorite flower.