Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How to make Tacos al Pastor

My favorite Mexican dish ever and believe me when I say this.  Last night I decided to surprise Jesse with a lovely dinner since he was in school ALL day. Plus, I get to eat my favorite tacos. This is my number one choice of dish every time we go out to eat to a Mexican restaurant.  They are so full of flavor and if you've never had them I think you will love them too. 
Enjoy!

Lets begin....


* After sauce has simmered for 5 minutes remove from heat and add meat (marinate for at least 30 minutes).
*Heat up 2 small tortillas per taco
*Add green or red salsa and horseradish 

Answering a few questions:
-I used bouillon not cumin but you can use either or.
-Jenny- (you seemed so hyped girl, loved it!) The blurring of the camera is from my lens and a few setting change in my camera :)
-After you simmer the sauce for 5 minutes, remove from heat and add meat. This is when you want to marinate the meat for at least 30 minutes). Then you sauté  the onions until tender and this is when you add the meat so it can cook. I left it on low heat and covered for 45 minutes.

By the way, I AM SO SO HAPPY you guys loved this recipe. I'm so motivated to make more for you so you can see what delicious dishes I make at home. 

XO,
Dulce Candy