Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cool Finds in Hot Places

 
(top & bandeau- American Apparel, shorts- Mink Pink, shoes- Rachel Comey, hat- H&M, sunglasses- Karen Walker c/o Need Supply, bracelets- The Art of Design, All Saints, Vintage, clutch- Zara)
The main reason behind our trip to the desert was to check out our friend's new vintage store, The Art of Design. My friend curates a book shop that specializes in rare, out of print books and hard to find periodicals, while her two partners focus on assembling one of the best vintage collections I have ever had the pleasure of shopping. If you're a vintage die hard or have an obsession with books and you're in Palm Desert or Palm Springs, it would be a crime not to check it out. 
Not only did I get first dibs on their vintage, I also had the opportunity to play around and style their window display in my version of a desert holiday.