Friday, April 1, 2011

out with the old, in with the new

(via threadsence)
I'd like to apologize for making you wait so long for the news. I was having fun teasing you guys, but also wanted to wait until everything was finalized.
The news comes in 2 parts.

Part 1.
Sam and I have decided to move back to the city of angels, aka Los Angeles.
This decision was insanely difficult to make. Sam and I LOVE San Francisco, we adore the life we have built here and the friends we have made. But both Sam and I are career driven, and Los Angeles just happens to have a booming art community and a far more established fashion industry. We can't have our cake and eat it too.

Part 2.
Going along with the move is a new and exciting job! I'm thrilled to be joining the team at Ruche & Threadsence as their new Marketing/PR Manager. I have worked with the company both as a blogger and a model. After working with them on their Winter Lookbook, I knew if I ever moved to LA this would be the company for me. I have all the freedom and creativity I want, and none of the corporate red tape to slow me down.

This whole process has been bittersweet. Now that everything is settled, I can't help but look back and wonder why exactly I'm leaving a city I love so dearly.
I'm both excited and anxious about all the possibilities LA will bring.
If you've been reading my blog from the beginning, you've seen me graduate college and move to San Francisco. You've been there when I frantically searched for a job, began modeling to make ends meet, and eventually began my career at Chictopia. More importantly, if you regularly read this blog, you've shared some of my most precious memories.
Now, come share a new adventure and see Los Angeles through my eyes.

______________________________________________________

To celebrate the big news I'm having a giveaway with Chic Shop.
They are offering a $150 shopping spree to one lucky Late Afternoon reader!

To Enter:
*Follow Chic Shop on Facebook
* Follow Chic Shop on Twitter
*Comment on this post with 1 item you'd like from the store
*Leave your email in the comment

Open to international readers!

Good Luck!