Saturday, January 31, 2009

Feeling inspired.




I decided to play a little dress up today, feeling inspired by all the sheer that has been showing up on the runways (Specifically the Armand Basi picture). Both sheer pieces are from thrift stores and were each under 15$. I am also wearing my AA skirt and shoes from urban outfitters. I actually bought the sheer skirt a while ago and sort of forgot about it. When I saw the Basi collection, it immediately came to mind

I found this quote in the VOGUE Fashion book my boyfriend brought home from his history of fashion class:
"Style is independent of fashion. Those who have style can indeed accept or ignore fashion. For them fashion is not something to be followed, it is rather something to be set, to select from or totally reject. Style is spontaneous, inborn. It is gloriously deliberate, unpremeditated but divine gift of the few." 
-Spotlight on style, Vogue, 1 september 1976.

Fun Fashion Fact : Givenchy considered Balenciaga to be not only his mentor, but a very close friend. He wore a white coat given to him by Balenciaga at the end of every show for 40 years.